The Grade 6 students at Wyndham Park PS reflected on the session last week which focused on cultural diversity. The artistic team used different languages and rhythms to demonstrate the beauty and strength of our diversity and how we make it work through music whilst having loads of fun.
- ‘I learnt about different beats and singing tones’
- ‘I learnt different languages’
- ‘I learnt that we are all different but the same’
Our Sisters and Brothers really enjoyed movement, dancing, writing lyrics and performing them too. They love storytelling and asked us to keep sharing with them our knowledge and experience of different languages and cultures.
We were very proud that they are already noticing improvements within themselves and eachother:
- “cos usually some of us wouldn’t participate in some stuff but we all had a try”
Kids said they felt more confident in their:
- voice and movement
- getting up in front of other people